We know that the world of dog food can often be a bit misleading, occasionally deceptive, and sometimes a little overwhelming. Our goal is break down these barriers, always maintaining truth and transparency about what we do, so we can create a healthier world for our pets.
As a dedicated group of nutritionists, vets, behaviourists and above all animal lovers, we see it as our responsibility to deliver informative, genuine and clear guidance around your pet’s health.
Our dogs can’t tell us how they’re feeling, and a big part of what we want to achieve is to help equip you with the tools to understand their health at home, so together we can make sure they live a healthy, happy life. Health is always at the heart of everything we do here at Pure.
Delivering content that’s trustworthy, factual and what we wholeheartedly believe in ourselves is incredibly important to us, which is why we have a knowledgeable and experienced team of nutritionists, vets and behaviourists working alongside us to advise us every step of the way. If you're interested in reading more about who writes our content and why, you can read all about our author page to gain some extra insight.
Our pet panel help to enrich our thinking with their unique understanding and expertise in their respective fields.
Each piece of content has several people pitching in behind the scenes, ensuring our content is consistently accurate, useful and never overcomplicated.
Inspiring a healthier world for pets is our ultimate goal, which can only be achieved through the best nutritional knowledge and advice.
Our nutritionists work closely with us to review our content, ensuring everything we produce is always accurate and unambiguous so we can create the best food and best lives for our pets.
Emma Passman BSc (Hons)
- Experienced pet nutritionist and pet food formulator
- Pet food regulatory professional in the UK, EU and US
- Advocate for pet health and welfare
- Devoted animal lover, keeping dogs, cats and horses as pets
Dr Lucy Williamson BVM&S DVM MSc
- Qualified nutritionist and former vet of 15 years
- Winner of the Freelance Nutritionist of the Year award in 2020
- Provides an educated, unique perspective in terms of animals and nutrition
- Committed to taking a natural, sustainable approach when it comes to food to encourage a healthy lifestyle
Our content is backed and reviewed by veterinary experts, as we understand how important it is for any information regarding pet health to be well researched, factual and never influenced by personal opinion.
All of the vets on our panel believe that a natural diet can work wonders for our pet’s health, constantly informing all the work we do here at Pure.
Julian Norton MA VetMB GPcertSAP MRCVS, Partner
- Qualified in veterinary medicine from the University of Cambridge in 1996
- Over 25 years of expert veterinary experience
- The star of a popular Yorkshire based vet TV show
- Dedicated to creating the best world for our pets
Brendan Clarke BVetMed VetMFHom MRCVS, Principal
- Clinical Director at Towerwood Vets since 2003, after initially joining back in 1998
- Built his team to make his practice a leading centre for integrated veterinary care
- Experienced, educated and promotes the benefits of a minimally processed diet
- An animal lover at heart, Brendan keeps both cats and dogs as beloved pets
Andrew Miller BVSc MRCVS
- Graduated from Bristol University in 2010
- Continually provides us with an abundance of expert veterinary advice for our content
- Advocates that good nutrition is at the forefront of keeping your pet happy and healthy
Our priority is your pet’s wellbeing, and this covers not only their physical health but their behaviour too. This is why we work alongside qualified behaviourists to enrich our content with totally accurate pet training knowledge and expertise.
Rosie Bescoby BSc (Hons), PG Dip CABC, CCAB
- Worked as a certified clinical animal behaviourist for over 10 years
- Founder of Pet Sense, supporting owners, working on behaviour and training of all pets
- Works to support over 20 veterinary practices, lectures students and contributes to several media practices regarding pet behaviour
- Alongside all the animals she helps and trains, Rosie has 3 dogs and 2 cats of her own
SOURCES AND FACT-CHECKING
Finding the best information and advice surrounding pet health can be tricky, so we take the utmost care to make sure all our content is thoroughly researched, completely accurate and accessible for everyone reading it.
With the help from our pet panel, we only deliver content that is fact-checked and current. We want to make sure you’re getting the best information there is, so we check any advice or claims, reinforcing our work with references to other peer-reviewed veterinary journals.
Any sources that we use are listed at the bottom of our articles, so we make sure you always have the full picture.